Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Simply Delicious

I am not referring to any food that I have eaten lately. Instead I am referring to Web 2.0 that Dr Quek has shown us.

I am totally attracted to the Web 2.0 Framework.

In order to quench my thirst, I take a futher search to find out more about what is Web 2.0. I have never heard of it till Dr Quek exposes it to us.

The framework is to provide a clear, concise view of the nature of Web 2.0, particularly for senior executives or other non-technical people who are trying to grasp the scope of Web 2.0, and the implications and opportunities for their organizations.

From what I understand, Web 2.0 does not have a hard boundary, but rather, a gravitational core. You can visualise Web 2.0 as a set of principles and practices that tie together a veritable solar system of sites that demonstrate some or all of those principles. I have found this video of Web 2.0.


After going through the framework, I also have constructed my own list.

  • Kel 1.0 ----------------------> Kel 2.0

  • White board -----------------> Powerpoint
  • Journal ----------------------> Blog

  • StoryBoard ------------------> Wiki

  • Video Clip -------------------> Podcast

  • Notice Board ----------------> Online Forum

  • Photo album ----------------> Photo Gallery

I have not tried some of these with my students yet. So I am looking forward to share with them from next year onward. I really envy the teachers in the past because they don't need to look for ways to engage their students to learn. However I believe that they have a total different set of problems to face.

Have you taken the step to allow yourself to be in touch with all these?
I believe this learning journey will be a fun one for you.

1 comment:

Airong said...

Thank you for the summary. Learn from your thoughts, I get a better understanding about web 2.0, and at the same time, it is saving my searching time...

Thanks!